The role of the outreach committee is two-fold: to create communication channels for chapter members and to promote the chapter activities and other related events to the wider HPC community.
Most of our efforts are focused around:
- Organising a series of online seminars. The next session, given by Andrew Turner (EPCC), will be about the HPC Carpentry
- Publishing online blog articles on a variety of topics. Some of them include: training, education, diversity, outreach, tools, events and user perspective.
- Running the SIGHPC Education public calendar of events. We invite the posting of any events that are relevant to the HPC education and training community.
- Publishing the SIGHPC Education newsletter every 2 months. We hope it will help us to keep the chapter members up-to-date with a variety of HPC education-related events.
- Understanding the needs and expectations of the chapter members. To gather information from SIGHPC Education members on the potential priorities and activities of the chapter we create a survey. Please fill it out!
We are always looking for education-related contributions from across the HPC community. We want to make the seminar series more regular so we are keen to receive topic suggestions and hear from volunteers to deliver them. We also hope to make the blog as interesting and informative as possible, so please do contribute.
If you would like to be added to our slack channel, want to give or suggest a seminar, are willing to write a blog article on any of the related topics, or simply want to get in touch with us, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.