Computational Science Education Committee
This committee will be responsible to develop strategies to incorporate and/or enhance computational science education at all levels of education.
The committee will explore education programs and instructional materials for computational and data science across the curriculum. This committee is charged with making available educational material relating to computational science and High Performance Computing. To accomplish this, the committee has assembled and maintains a list of related educational resources They also work with the Outreach Committee to identify and promote reviews of education and training content through webinars and chapter blog.
- Maintain a list of education and training materials available across the computational science and HPC community
- Recognize innovative approaches to computataional science education and training through webinars and other media
- Identify best practices for introducing computational science into the curriculum
- Provide people with access to existing competencies for computational and data-enabled science,
- Seek contributors to share information about their programs and plans via the SIGHPC learning repository.
- Actively seek people to talk about the challenges and opportunities for developing programs via conference calls and webinars.
- Propose workshops for upcoming conferences (world-wide) with working sessions to achieve some of the above goals
- Sponsoring webinars on teaching computational science in various disciplines
- Promoting sharing of educational resources
- Provide people with access to the latest information on computational science programs, student internships and various events (e.g. summer schools, hackathon events) that are in place, as a source of information.