Systems Professionals Committee
This committee is charged with curating, recommending and making available material and
resources addressing topics of interest to the HPC systems professionals.
Beyond technical topics of interest this committee is charged with the identification and promotion
of materials geared towards initial entry and professional development of the wide range of professionals who help to manage HPC systems.
To accomplish this, the committee will work with other committees to leverage existing efforts in technical infrastructure, communications
and outreach work and other efforts. The committee will develop a process through which members can add material to a repository, and prepare materials for workshops and webinars.
Short Term Goals
- Develop an initial scope of topics relevant to the systems professionals community
- Recruit initial review team that will:
- Identify subject matter experts for material review
- Identify likely subject material sources
- Identify initial material and resource set
- Provide reading list/guide to resources based on topics
- Socialize at PEARC19, SC19 and present at other conferences to promote committee
- Select an infrastructure for providing a searchable set of materials.
- Develop initial material lifecycle guidelines
- Incorporate the materials into workshops and webinars
Long Term Goals
- Establish content review guidelines and an associated rubric.
- Establish a process for soliciting materials for review.
- Establish or adopt a set of best practices for sharing community generated content.
- Developing a scope of topics relevant to the systems professionals community
- Compiling a list of training materials currently available for the systems professionals community